Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Heads up @ Dominator 

Forums -> Hazards -> Heads up @ Dominator Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: No. American - Inflow Lake ClementineLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
larryh
Posted: Jun 3, 2009Post Subject: Heads up @ Dominator
The bottom of Dominator has changed and deserves a scout next time you're in there.
..Looks like somebody pulled the plug. The entire bottom right ledge and the pool above it is dry. The right side is now a no-go. The main center line is different as well.
Andrew D
Posted: Jan 19, 2010Post Subject: My family and I were hiking through there this summer
My family and I were hiking through there this summer and I had noticed that the bottom right rock that forms the lower right ledge was split in half with a 2' wide gap. I'm sure this is the cause. Looks like it would make a pretty bad sieve.
Posted: Feb 25, 2010
we were up there feb 20 at a pretty low flow ~600. 2 groups totaling 11 boaters there, everyone portaged Dominator. I think here is a tough line, but also a hungry looking sieve to greet you if you blow it.
Hopefully it cleans up with more water. out of site-out of mind

Jcilmi5
Posted: Jun 30, 2010Post Subject: Heads up at dominator
Yup! the bottom HAS changed. Most will have a look either way... but now there is reason to consider walking/lining boats around this monster pillow/boil that forms off the recently moved boulder in the center. At 800 cfs(lake clementine inflow) The river right shelf was mostly dryed up. Different from what I remember. Maybe more options at higher flows???
Thomas M
Posted: Jul 1, 2010
I came through Dominator last friday with the flow at clementine about 1000. A few in our group went right at the bottom and reported it to be a litte manky. I finished left where most of the water was and had a sweet line boofing the big pillow and fading off to the left.
Gavinator1435
Posted: Jul 7, 2010
Both runs I did this year I ran Dominator. First one the flows were reading around 850 cfs - the left line was doable, but the easier route was to sneak right (which, as my first time down, I did). Any less water than that and it would be much harder to do the sneak.

Second time down flows were around 1000 and the left line was much easier. I started middle and charged left for a run that felt "nice and fluffy". One thing I noticed was that with that extra 150 cfs, most of the water was going left at the bottom (as opposed to half going right into the sieves).
Edited once.  Last edited by Gavinator1435 Jul 7, 2010.
Forums -> Hazards -> Heads up @ Dominator Page 1 of 1