Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  New tree on Middle Fork Cosumnes River - Mt. Aukum Rd to Hwy 49 

Forums -> Hazards -> New tree on Middle Fork Cosumnes River - Mt. Aukum Rd to Hwy 49 Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Mi. Cosumnes - At Mt Aukum RdNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
khwooter
Posted: Feb 14, 2014Post Subject: New tree on Middle Fork Cosumnes River - Mt. Aukum Rd to Hwy 49
There is a river wide tree in the middle of a rapid called Former Undercut Left, class III+ See the Creekin' write up. At around 800cfs boat scouting from the top was not enough visually to tell it was a river wide tree. The river left 3/4ths of the tree was just under water with no visible branches sticking up.
It looked Runnable at our flows. Boof over it on the left or on the right between some branches landing on more branches. I walked not worth it. My friend boofed it on the right but said it was super sketch for a class V boater. He landed on some branches in the foam pile. At lower flows it will be unrunable for sure.
In the CA creeks write-up there is a picture of the tree still standing! Its the biggest tree on the river left in this picture. Looks like it blew over and never moved. http://cacreeks.com/photos/cos-mf12.jpg
Forums -> Hazards -> New tree on Middle Fork Cosumnes River - Mt. Aukum Rd to Hwy 49 Page 1 of 1