Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Log in Airplane Turn 

Forums -> Hazards -> Log in Airplane Turn Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Salmon - At Somes BarLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
adcoit
Posted: Apr 9, 2013Post Subject: Log in Airplane Turn
As of March 30, there is a large log with many branches coming off of it in the main (Left) channel of Airplane Turn (in the actual "airplane turn" move). Looks to be very hazardous and it looks similar from above (river level) to the non-hazardous log that was there in years past. Scout from the road and definately use the far right channel until this log clears. Far right goes no prob. At higher water the second channel from the right bank goes too. A big flush might remove this ugly log and open up the turn again. Or a nice chainsaw could do the trick as well (hint to locals).
Edited once.  Last edited by adcoit Apr 9, 2013.
denray
Posted: Apr 17, 2013Post Subject: Always look first
Always look first before going through anywhere that you can't see or know for sure. What a surprise this would be.
pete_harrison
Posted: May 1, 2013Post Subject: log still there?
is the left si
de clear on airplane turn?
pgando
Posted: May 1, 2013Post Subject: log in airplane
We ran the right side on Sunday and it was fine.
pete_harrison
Posted: May 2, 2013Post Subject: airplane turn log
right side in a 13' raft? is that hole runnable? i've always been told to stay out of it ...
adcoit
Posted: May 3, 2013Post Subject: Right side at Airplane Turn
Far right (up against the right wall) in Airplane turn is no problem for a 13' raft, especially at these meager flows.
somesbar1
Posted: Feb 20, 2014Post Subject: Log is gone, old line is good to go
The recent highwater took care of the log in airplane turn, so the classic line is back. good luck.
Forums -> Hazards -> Log in Airplane Turn Page 1 of 1