Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Nordheimer Kayak & Raft Race 

Forums -> Archive -> Nordheimer Kayak & Raft Race Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Salmon - At Somes BarLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
PaulGamache
Posted: Mar 30, 2007Post Subject: Nordheimer Kayak & Raft Race
May 4th - 6th will be the first ever race weekend down the Nordheimer Section of the Salmon. The actual race will be May 6th. Meet at Nordheimer Put-in @ 11am. Race divisions will include Kayak Short Boat (anything under 9.0'), Kayak Long Boat (9'0 and longer). Rafts divisions will be Paddle Boat (Guide w/ a guide stick + paddlers), Oar Frame (Solo rafter includes Catarafts), and lastly paddle assist (Oars + Paddlers).

This makes for 5 divisions. The Race goes from Nordheimer to the bottom of Freight Train. Mass Start. Non-race rafters / kayakers encouraged to attend and paddle at their own pace.

More details to follow. Comments, Questions, Beer Donations?

Photographers and/or Media encouraged to document this event. Please email me at paulgamache@gmail.com

The Race is on. Spread the Word.

Hope to see you all there.

Paul
www.Caliproduct.com
PaulGamache
Posted: Apr 4, 2007Post Subject: Nordheimer Kayak & Raft Race Flier
quincybob
Posted: Apr 9, 2007

what about a r-2 race ?
PaulGamache
Posted: Apr 13, 2007Post Subject: R-2? Sound Good!
Right on, not sure how I forgot about that but sounds like a great idea for another division if there's more than just one R-2 group.

Paul
Dana
Posted: Apr 13, 2007Post Subject: mass start?
Mass start?!! Are you serious? My experience at the Gore race tells me that timed individual starts is the only way to go to keep it from turning into a dangerous cluster.

Do you have enough safety people all lined up? Not sure if I will be there then, but I might be able to lend emergency services. (No gear to donate.)
PaulGamache
Posted: Apr 14, 2007
Dana, I'm not sure if you've done this section or not but there is a mile of flatwater before the first rapid, Bloomer's. Rafts and kayaks will spread out during this leg and the dangers of a mass start leading into flat water is minimal. I agree this goes without saying carnage is always on the horizon, I'd be stoked if you wanted to set safety. Feel free to email me. Paulgamache@gmail.com

Paul
Edited twice.  Last edited by PaulGamache Apr 15, 2007.
Forums -> Archive -> Nordheimer Kayak & Raft Race Page 1 of 1