Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  SF Feather Scheduled Releases 

Forums -> Archive -> SF Feather Scheduled Releases Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: So. Feather - Below Little Grass ValleyLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Aug 26, 2011Post Subject: SF Feather Scheduled Releases
The South Feather Water and Power Agency reports on releases below Little Grass Valley Dam as follows:

"At this point South Feather plans to release 400 cfs for about 25 days.  The originally planned ramp-up date was October 3, but it looks like the contractor doing the repairs at the dam will finish earlier than originally expected, so I anticipate starting to ramp up the flows beginning September 26, reaching 400 cfs by end of day September 28.  The releases would continue through October 23 and we would start to ramp back down on October 24."

Bottom line: this is the preliminary schedule, but the final one should be similar (or the same).
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Sep 7, 2011
The South Feather Water and Power Agency reports that the preliminary schedule (see previous post) is correct as it stands, and they're now making it final.

The schedule is available in table form here.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Sep 22, 2011
The South Feather Water and Power Agency reports a change to the 2011 release schedule as follows:

"Our contractor at Little Grass Valley has run into some problems, and the schedule for starting the releases from Little Grass Valley is being delayed by a couple of days.  We will now start the ramp up on Wednesday 9/28 and will be at 400 cfs by end of Friday 9/30.

I apologize for the last minute change."

They added: "We will release a couple of extra days at the end to achieve the same draw down."

I've updated the schedule accordingly.
Edited once.  Last edited by chris Sep 22, 2011.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Oct 19, 2011
The South Feather Water and Power Agency reports on releases below Little Grass Valley Dam as follows:

"We still plan to start ramping down on 10/26 at the rate of 20 cfs per hour.  By the end of the day on Friday 10/28 we expect to be at 30 cfs.  We usually spend about 8 hours per day ramping, although we went a little longer each day on the ramp up at the end of September.  I want to have the guys off the site before dark.  That said, we will probably be at about 240-260 cfs the morning of 10/27 and 100-120 cfs the morning of 10/28."
Forums -> Archive -> SF Feather Scheduled Releases Page 1 of 1