Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  New strainers on wilderness run 

Forums -> Hazards -> New strainers on wilderness run Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: No. Cache Creek - Rel Indian Valley DamLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
dwnrivr
Posted: Jun 9, 2019Post Subject: New strainers on wilderness run
There are 3 new strainers in the first few miles on the Cache creek wilderness run. 2 are on the north fork and at 200cfs you could boof the first log on the left and just get by the second one on the far right. Both can be portaged on river right. The last log is in a righthand channel around an island. You might be able to boof this one too. Easy portage either side of the river. No other strainers on the run.
dwnrivr
Posted: Jun 5, 2020Post Subject: 2020 strainer update?
We're paddling the wilderness run tomorrow and I was curious if anyone that has been out there this year could provide a strainer update? Thanks!
tedtarver
Posted: Jun 5, 2020Post Subject: New Strainers on Wilderness Run
After your run can you please provide a list and location of hazards. Planning on running it next week if releases hold up.
Thanks
Ted
dwnrivr
Posted: Jun 7, 2020Post Subject: no portages
Full on jungle run on the NF at these flows. There were a few spots you had to bulldoze through the willows but it wasn't bad for kayaks and you could still duck under the bridge.
tedtarver
Posted: Jun 7, 2020Post Subject: No strainers
Thanks for the update. In the past there were strainers that were dicey.
Forums -> Hazards -> New strainers on wilderness run Page 1 of 1