Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  M Feather gauge inaccuracies 

Forums -> Archive -> M Feather gauge inaccuracies Page 1 of 1
Posted to area: CA - MF FeatherLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
Cornbread
Posted: Jul 5, 2006Post Subject: M Feather gauge inaccuracies
Noticed yesterday while checking the gauge at Milsap that the gauge is reading 6.35' while the internet gauge is reading 7.1'. The level felt more like a 500-600cfs while the internet is reading over 900cfs.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Jul 10, 2006
I've contacted CDEC, and they say they'll look into it.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Mar 16, 2007Post Subject: Gauge is stuck
CDEC's MER gauge (reported by Dreamflows as Mi. Feather - At Milsap Bar) is currently stuck. It's being reported as 8.08 feet and 2003 cfs in the flow listings, though the graph doesn't display a flow. I've contacted CDEC about this and will post what they say.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Mar 16, 2007
CDEC responded thusly: "Our contact at the Oroville Field Division has been contacted. Currently, I do not have an estimate for when it will be fixed. Thank you for alerting us". This could take a while, so I'm suppressing flows for this gauge on the reports for now. If any of you notice that the gauge appears to be back, please let me know ...
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Mar 20, 2007
CDEC reports that "The gage for Merrimac is operational as of yesterday". This gauge is back on the Dreamflows reports.
Ian Buckley
Posted: Mar 21, 2007
Strange..dreamflows shows a very reasonable number for the MF feather...but click through to the gauge and there is no data...what gives??...where did dreamflows get its flow from??
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Mar 21, 2007
Yes, seems CDEC has a configuration issue with both their graph and their hourly data ... To answer your question, DF gets a custom feed from CDEC, however you should see the same data values here:

http://cdec2.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryFx?MER

The hourly data in the table isn't being reliably reported right now, but if you scroll down far enough, you'll get to the event (15-minute) flow data.
Forums -> Archive -> M Feather gauge inaccuracies Page 1 of 1