Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Gotta love these flows, but for how long??? 

Forums -> Archive -> Gotta love these flows, but for how long??? Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Trinity - At Pigeon PointLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
grandparows
Posted: Aug 16, 2012Post Subject: Gotta love these flows, but for how long???
Does anyone know (and want to share) how long these flows (>1000 cfs)will be here??? Is this related to the Hoopa Renewal Ceremonies, or a benefit from the agreement that many of us old-timers lobbied for about a decade ago? I'm thinking of planning a trip up with the Grandkids, but it's a long drive from Sebastarosa when family planning is a huge part of the effort to reward equation. Any real info or suggestions as to where to look for real info would be greatly appreciated. TIA
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Aug 16, 2012
USBR, who control the releases from Lewiston, don't supply an end date for something like this, their change order just said in effect "Starting 10AM Aug 15 change the release from 950 to 1050 cfs". But note it says nothing about how long this new flow will be in effect for.

However, this particular change order also had this comment: "Supplementing flows in Lower Klamath River".

I know this doesn't fully answer your question, I'm just sharing what I know.
icanhaskanooo
Posted: Aug 16, 2012Post Subject: Increased flows in Fall 2012
Feds to release additional Trinity River water starting Aug. 13
by Dan Bacher
Friday Aug 10th, 2012 10:09 PM

..."Pete Lucero, spokesman for the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, said releases from Lewiston Dam will begin in the early morning hours of August 13 and end in the last week of September..."

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/08/10/18719290.php
shastagirl
Posted: Aug 18, 2012
According to the chart I read it tops out on or close to 9-4-12 at 1300cfs and then starts decreasing from there to 1000cfs til 9-23-12 when it goes way back down to 400cfs. They are adjusting it though as needed for their desired results.
shastagirl
Posted: Aug 27, 2012
New word on the river is 1800cfs around the 14th for 4 days, yahoo!
icanhaskanooo
Posted: Sep 10, 2012Post Subject: updated flow info for this weekend, 15-16th?
shastagirl, got any updated flow info for this weekend?
Forums -> Archive -> Gotta love these flows, but for how long??? Page 1 of 1