Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Hot Springs closure on E Fork Carson? 

Forums -> General -> Hot Springs closure on E Fork Carson? Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: E. Fk Carson - Near MarkleevilleLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
mmajersky
Posted: Apr 24, 2012Post Subject: Hot Springs closure on E Fork Carson?
Just curious what came about during the meetings regarding the closing of the hot springs area approximately halfway down the Hangman's Run? I'm planning a trip in the next few weeks and need to plan camping accordingly. Thanks!
tahoetraveler
Posted: Apr 28, 2012Post Subject: No closure
The Forest service posted it's proposed plan a couple weeks ago, there is no closure of the hot springs to camping in it. Here is their proposed action

Hangman’s Bridge to California/Nevada state line – This reach of river is accessed by rafting, hiking and
OHV. There are numerous dispersed camping areas along this reach. The area with the highest concentration of
use and impact to the riparian habitat is at and near the hot springs. Unauthorized roads around the site will be
decommissioned and revegetated, and areas near the hot springs planted with native vegetation. Additional
measures will include requirements for packing out waste and use of camp stoves or coals in fire pans. Signage
explaining resource protection measures will be placed along the river corridor.
A proposed action may be categorically excluded from further analysis and documentation in an environmental
Forums -> General -> Hot Springs closure on E Fork Carson? Page 1 of 1