Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Illinois- Parked my boat above the Greenwall. On 4-13-02. 

Forums -> Archive -> Illinois- Parked my boat above the Greenwall. On 4-13-02. Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Illinois - Near KerbyNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
golden-fields
Posted: Apr 17, 2012Post Subject: Illinois- Parked my boat above the Greenwall. On 4-13-02.
We had a wonderful Illinois trip until I high sided my 14' Sotar on an entry rock and had to ditch my boat in order to avoid swimming the whole rapid. The Boat was left wedged in a crack, "cliffed-out" on the right side, above the ledge. All our boats were below and I did not feel confident that I could conduct the rescue. The decision was to wait for a minimum 3,000 flow to flush it out and then return to retrieve it. Got to hate the plan....
I am watching the weather and looking forward to any information regarding movement, recovery or thoughts.
It sucks, I am sad and a bit humiliated. Bone-head move.
So any information please contact me.
Tan 14' Sotar with white floor, blue frame. sawyer oars, big white cooler and all my personal stuff (even my little river guitar). Recovery definitely worth a reward.
John Fields John@golden-fields.net
Forums -> Archive -> Illinois- Parked my boat above the Greenwall. On 4-13-02. Page 1 of 1