Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  River Flow 

Forums -> Archive -> River Flow Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Truckee - Below Lake TahoeLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
oakrockranch
Posted: Jul 11, 2011Post Subject: River Flow
Lake Tahoe water master claims discharge gates will be opening mid July (15th) to establish a "normal" flow.
Jcilmi5
Posted: Jul 13, 2011
Is this a fact?
oakrockranch
Posted: Jul 14, 2011Post Subject: River Flow
This is what I was told by the US Dept. of the Interior, USGS. But like they also say, "Data is provisional and subject to revision". If you're making plans to go there I'd call to double check.
phiflow
Posted: Jul 15, 2011Post Subject: Truckee open?
The Truckee River from Tahoe City is still not open. The federal water master predicts the end of the month. Please do not use exact dates for guessing, it makes tourists think the river is open and causes chaos when they find out it's not.
Trt3935
Posted: Jul 15, 2011Post Subject: Truckee River is "open," just low flow
There are lots of people floating the Truckee River from Tahoe City to the River Ranch even though the dam is not open yet. The flow is too low for the commercial rafting companies to put out their large boats, but public rafters in their small innertubes and rafts can go down with few problems. Be advised the flow is low and taking groups longer to go down (4 or 5 hours) with a handful of shallows where you can expect to walk your innertube or raft. The Federal Water Master said in a phone call last week that the dam in Tahoe City can't open until the cfs readings at Boca and Floriston decreases to 500cfs. It's a wait-and-see process and the Water Master predicted early August for the rates to drop to the desired level, but encouraged interested parties to watch the links on Dreamflows.com.
Trt3935
Posted: Jul 15, 2011Post Subject: July 9 2011 Public Rafters

This pic was taken July 9 2011 of a group of public rafters that launched in Tahoe City. It took the group 4 hours to reach the River Ranch. When they hopped in our shuttle van for a ride back to Tahoe City (Truckee River Taxi), they said they had a great time and would definitely be back on the river soon.
Jcilmi5
Posted: Jul 15, 2011
H2O Master will open the dam if tahoe is 100% full, won't he? Currently there is less than one foot left of storage until tahoe is 100% full. It's 87% full right now to be exact. According to http://tmwa.com/lake_level Don't be surprised if the Floriston rate doesn't go below 500cfs till sept. And by then nobody cares about the "booze cruise" anyway. I still think the truckee river taxi is a great thing and hope those guys do well.
Forums -> Archive -> River Flow Page 1 of 1