Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Merced Recently? 

Forums -> Archive -> Merced Recently? Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Merced - At Red BudLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
kmccall
Posted: Jun 15, 2011Post Subject: Merced Recently?
Anybody raft the Merced from Red Bud in the last few days, or hear about any runs?
Posted: Jun 16, 2011Post Subject: Merced Recently
Hi Ken,

I drove up yesterday afternoon to take a look, it is at a great flow, there was several boats coming off the river as it was late in the day. The graph said it was between 5500 and 6500 yesterday at Redbud, Nightmare island is just about under water. Definetly go to the inside and there is a large hole next to the island that looks like fun you can scout from the road. Ned's has some great holes but was really washed out not anything to worry about. Lots of haystacks. I was worried as I have not done this river at this level but it looks like a lot of fun, just stay in the middle of the river It looks like a great place to go, the water looks fast and cold, I'm heading back with my boat

Ron
kmccall
Posted: Jun 20, 2011Post Subject: Merced REd Bud to Railroad Flat 6/18/11
Greta run in a 14' Hyside! The gauge at Red Bud read 3.8 ft. CDEC shows the flow about the time we ran it as about 8,000 below Briceburg. It seemed like a lot more water than that. Anybody know what 3.8 ft equates to in CFS?

Ned's Gulch was the easiest I've ever run it. I've run a lot of flows between 1500 and 3000 that were much more difficult. There were some grandiose holes on the upper stretch!

I looked at the put in at the 140 bridge and it would have taken a bow and stern line to keep your raft there while setting up!