Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Spill into Middle Yuba and releases into Canyon Creek 

Forums -> Archive -> Spill into Middle Yuba and releases into Canyon Creek Page 1 of 1
Posted to area: CA - SF Yuba and Canyon below BowmanLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
bcenter
Posted: May 9, 2011Post Subject: Spill into Middle Yuba and releases into Canyon Creek
Jackson Meadows / Milton is spilling into the Middle Yuba, and will probably continue to spill through the end of May. Spill gates are open and the volume of spill is weather driven.

Bowman Reservoir is releasing about 250 cfs for power generation into Canyon Creek, which flows into the South Yuba near Washington. This release will probably continue until mid-June.

tulley
Posted: Jun 13, 2011Post Subject: Any chance to increase the release flow from Bowman?
Hi Bob,

Thanks SO much for all of your hard work w/ the dam operators, power companies, and stakeholders is this amazing watershed.

Paddled Canyon Creek on Sunday (Jun 12), Flow was medium/low, still very fun but lower than optimium/ideal. There were 20+ boaters in the area and majority of groups were passing on canyon due to the "too low flow". If there is any chance to bump the flows up by 25-50 cfs (especially for the coming weekends, when many other runs will be too high), i think this run will get a lot more boaters. This would put the flow at the takeout in the ideal ~350 cfs window that majority of folks liked in the flow study. In any case, the current flows are still worthwhile. This creek is awesome and having access to flow data is fantastic. We used to only have visuals on it.

Any info you can provide on how much longer the flow will last would also be super helpful.

Join/renew/support AW. Great volunteers and folks like Bob showing tremendous value for your membership.

bcenter
Posted: Jun 13, 2011Post Subject: Canyon Creek Flows
Chris,
Thanks for your good words.

I will look into improving flows for this weekend. With a little luck, it might happen, but we cannot count on it.
Bob
Forums -> Archive -> Spill into Middle Yuba and releases into Canyon Creek Page 1 of 1