Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  SF Feather running but access issues 

Forums -> Archive -> SF Feather running but access issues Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: So. Feather - Below Little Grass ValleyLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Apr 20, 2011Post Subject: SF Feather running but access issues
The South Feather Water and Power Agency reports as follows: "Some might notice that the SF Feather River below Little Grass Valley is flowing at greater than 400 cfs (the reservoir is spilling in the boatable range). However, access to both Little Grass Valley and South Fork Diversion dams is still by snow machine only."
grebsnig
Posted: May 24, 2011
Any word on access as of late? I am thinking about getting out there this weekend.

-Brian
chris
Site Admin
Posted: May 24, 2011
The South Feather Water and Power Agency reports as follows: "According to the Forest Service, Plumas County does not plan to plow the road this year, but will wait for the melt. We will have someone up there next week and I can give you an update then."

I'll post again when I hear back from SFWAPA.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Jun 2, 2011
Kathy of the South Feather Water and Power Agency reports as follows: "I was at Little Grass Valley today, and the road is still not open, although it has been plowed part way. The attached photos are of the road in (past where the plow was working) and the river downstream of the spillway."

Kathy further explains that "By not open I mean it is unplowed all the way to the dam, although the crews are working on it, and for about 2 miles of the unplowed road the snow is still 3 to 4 feet deep."

Here are the photos Kathy sent:

chris
Site Admin
Posted: Jun 9, 2011
The South Feather Water and Power Agency reports as follows: "Plumas County reports the road is now plowed all the way to Little Grass Valley Dam."
Forums -> Archive -> SF Feather running but access issues Page 1 of 1