Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Lumsden land slide & Wards Ferry temporary closure 

Forums -> Archive -> Lumsden land slide & Wards Ferry temporary closure Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Tuolumne - At Merals PoolLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
brendan
Posted: Mar 7, 2011Post Subject: Lumsden land slide & Wards Ferry temporary closure
Lumsden Rd.: A slide has occurred 4 miles below the gate at Ferretti. We ran the long shuttle past the Cherry Creek put in and down river right, which was clear. Don’t go in there without a 4WD with at least Subaru clearance though; a number of trees are down, as well as significant rock fall. There were up to 8” of snow but there are tire tracks through it all. The worst bit is optional: the section between Lumsden and Meral’s Pool. I called the Groveland ranger district this morning, but they were unable to shed light as to the estimated completion date of the slide’s repair, nor any information about its magnitude.

Wards Ferry Rd: There were road closed signs at both ends. We drove around them and there was no obstruction. At the end of the day the signs were removed so this may no longer be an issue. It appears some retention work was performed on the Groveland side in the steep part.

In short if you want it, it's there. But you do have to want it.
RyanClark
Posted: Mar 28, 2011
Lumsden Road is blocked again by a landslide. This one will take a while to clear, I'll bet.
See this thread for more info.

Forums -> Archive -> Lumsden land slide & Wards Ferry temporary closure Page 1 of 1