Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Upper Cherry Creek Questions. Planning a trip this summer to 

Forums -> General -> Upper Cherry Creek Questions. Planning a trip this summer to Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: - Latest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
Terry
Posted: Feb 16, 2010Post Subject: Upper Cherry Creek Questions. Planning a trip this summer to
Yosemite with my family and want to run the upper Cherry while I am in the area. I'll be meeting up with some folks from Tennessee.

What are the options, if any, for non paddlers to hike in to upper Cherry and camp at some of the paddler's bivies? I'm trying to come up with something for my family to do while I paddle. They like to hike but they aren't real hard core. Are there any good trails to hike up river from the take out?

Thanks

Terry
haji
Posted: Mar 11, 2010Post Subject: upper cherry
To get in there you hike about halfway to the put in. Then at some point after you can see down into the pool below cherry bomb you drop in off the ridge, no trail.
From what I've heard its not that easy a walk. I think if you were in good enough shape to run a couple miles you'd be fine. Somebody who isn't real active would probably have more fun at Yosemite.
And please if you go in there pack out all your trash and don't spraypaint the rocks. Have a good trip! Its a killer place.
Forums -> General -> Upper Cherry Creek Questions. Planning a trip this summer to Page 1 of 1