Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  rafting guides and rafters respecting fishermen along the river 

Forums -> General -> rafting guides and rafters respecting fishermen along the river Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Mi. American - Above Tunnel ChuteLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
jim
Posted: Jun 4, 2009Post Subject: rafting guides and rafters respecting fishermen along the river
I'm an avid user of the American River. I raft, hike, swim and fish all forks. A growing concern among fisherman along the river is the disregard of some rafting guides and rafting groups of those of us quietly fishing along the banks. If you are rafting and hopefully paying attention to your surroundings, you should most certainly regard others recreating and sharing this resource. It is not uncommon for a group of rafters to come along and splash, holler and in general disregard the activities of fisherman. I would like to invite further discussion on this topic.
OrvisT3
Posted: May 8, 2010Post Subject: fishing the middle fork
I fish the mfa between oxbow and rucky chucky heavily for two summers of 06 and 07 I fished it 3 times a week and Hiked 10 miles a week for months going to fords bar during many adventures in the remote section, cougar sightings steelhead size trout [28 inches is my biggest] and sneaking down to the chute, I was witness to many rafters enjoying that amazing section as well, fords bar held the most encounters they would be suprised to see people and ask alot of questions, how far is the hike, catching anything, what kind of fish, this happend so much one guide remembered me on a certain occasion and told his boat that these are locals if you want to comunicate make clicking noise, we all had a good laugh. and like every time they would float by for about 20 minutes and then they would leave me to my canyon. one time i started earlier from ruck a chucky and got to fords bar at 7 am and the rafting camp fed me breakfast.
Forums -> General -> rafting guides and rafters respecting fishermen along the river Page 1 of 1