Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Brandy Creek @ Whiskeytown 

Forums -> Flows -> Brandy Creek @ Whiskeytown Page 1 of 1
 Author  Message 
georgew
Posted: Mar 23, 2009Post Subject: Brandy Creek @ Whiskeytown
Talked to a ranger up there. The area is still closed off because of the fires from last year. Risk of land slides are still in effect. The ranger said that it would be closed until the weather stops raining hard or around memorial day. Not good for some of us locals. The water is flowing now. Any how he stated that with the closure of the road...it would also include the trail. So we couldn't even pack in and float down. Hopefully the snow will hang onto Shasta Bally and we can run it later.
Oh well, here's to wishing out loud.
GeorgeW
Trinitypaddler
Posted: Apr 11, 2009
I was up there and they were patroling the trail by horse back. It was easy enough to hide from them.
georgew
Posted: Apr 11, 2009
That's cool. Was the water up and did you go paddling. I don't think I will risk sneaking a boat in and doing the run since I do a lot of stuff around and in the park. Its good to stay on the good graces of your local authorities. But if you had a great time, fantastic. I can wait my time and catch it some other time when the risk of fines and getting banned form the park isn't an issue.
Trinitypaddler
Posted: Apr 13, 2009
All of my boating partners, except one, felt the same way as you do, on the fine/kicked out issue. We parked the truck about two hundred yards down the road from the trailhead parking lot and hiked up to sheep camp bridge area and put in. The flow was low but still fun. It was my first time and I am looking forward to going back with more cfs. and no threat of fines or other punishment. Good times!!!

Nick
Forums -> Flows -> Brandy Creek @ Whiskeytown Page 1 of 1