Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Put-in location for the Lower North Fork Salmon run 

Forums -> Access Issues -> Put-in location for the Lower North Fork Salmon run Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: No. Salmon - Near Forks of SalmonLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Apr 30, 2008Post Subject: Put-in location for the Lower North Fork Salmon run
Scott Harding brought to my attention that the put-in location that Dreamflows gave for the Lower run on the North Fork Salmon was on private property.  The old (bad) location was just downstream of the Little North Fork confluence.

Scott reports two public accesses. One is about a mile upstream of the Little North Fork confluence, at 41.316, -123.169.  The other (more common) access, which is the one now shown on the Dreamflows cross-listing page, is about a mile downstream of the confluence, shown here.
scottharding
Posted: May 5, 2008Post Subject: Little North Fork access private property update
In short, access to the North Fork Salmon at the Little North Fork is across posted private property. Lars Holbek's book says this is the put-in, ignoring the No Tresspassing signs.

The landowner has been quite gracious in overlooking boaters trespassing on his land, however, we should use the better put-in one mile downriver. This put-in cuts out one mile of flatwater and still gives a warm-up before the rapids begin. Look for a dirt road that heads toward the river just upstream of the 10 mile marker. There is a sign that says "Engine Fill Site" there.

There is also a put-in one mile upriver of the Little North Fork that adds one class 3 rapid to the run.
Forums -> Access Issues -> Put-in location for the Lower North Fork Salmon run Page 1 of 1