Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  SBC Global is returning Dreamflows alerts and reports as spam 

Forums -> Flows -> SBC Global is returning Dreamflows alerts and reports as spam Page 1 of 1
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Mar 19, 2021Post Subject: SBC Global is returning Dreamflows alerts and reports as spam
Recently, alerts and emails sent by Dreamflows to sbcglobal.net accounts have been returned. The reason for the bounce-back is not given (bless them), but I assume they think these alerts/emails are spam. They aren't - every one was requested by the recipient, who had to login to their Dreamflows account to do so.

Firstly though, this explains why, if you've signed up to receive alerts/emails and your account is at sbcglobal.net, they've likely stopped arriving in your inbox. Secondly, if you want to resume receiving them, I suggest you adjust your inbox spam filter if sbcglobal allows you to do that, and/or communicate with them and protest. Part of that effort might include educating them on the difference between legitimate emails and spam ...

- Chris
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Mar 19, 2021
P.S. The same issue likely applies if your ISP is att.net or pacbell.net.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Mar 24, 2021
Because these bounce-back emails end up in my inbox (which fills the inbox) I've started setting the offending sbcglobal accounts to "Vacation Hold".

One way to start receiving alerts and reports again is to sign up with the different email service (gmail for example), then update your profile to match. Don't forget to remove the vacations holds (also in your profile).
Forums -> Flows -> SBC Global is returning Dreamflows alerts and reports as spam Page 1 of 1