Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  HEADS UP FORDYCE FANS 

Forums -> Flows -> HEADS UP FORDYCE FANS Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Fordyce Creek - Below Fordyce DamLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
theresaAW1
Posted: Aug 13, 2018Post Subject: HEADS UP FORDYCE FANS
American Whitewater just got this update from PG&E -

Quote:
Just wanted to let you know that we are planning to increase flows out of Fordyce again this week, targeting 300-350 cfs. We will likely be maintaining or slightly increasing these releases through late September/early October as we finish drawing down the reservoir for the winter.

I did ask for the specific day these flows will resume and will let you know if I get a response - in the meantime watch the gauge.

Enjoy!

Fordyce Cls IV-V
theresaAW1
Posted: Aug 13, 2018Post Subject: Fordyce will be at 400 CFS
PG&E has graciously responded to requests for more flow:

Quote:
We can do 400 instead, just checked with our gen supervisor and he has no objections so we’ll aim for 400.

You can expect the flows to start ramping up on Wednesday provided PG&E gets a patrol done by then.

Enjoy
Edited once.  Last edited by theresaAW1 Aug 13, 2018.
theresaAW1
Posted: Aug 14, 2018Post Subject: FORDYCE RELEASE SCHEDULE
PG&E just shared with AW the release schedule to accommodate the 400 cfs flows make your plans now!

8/15-9/3: 400 cfs

9/4 onwards: likely <200 cfs (not boatable)
theresaAW1
Posted: Aug 15, 2018Post Subject: 350 Cfs Best We Can Get
Well can't knock PG&E for trying - this just in regarding the 350 cfs you see today:

Quote:
I checked in with the generation supervisor and it turns out the lake is already low enough that we aren’t able to get more than the 350 cfs we are currently getting out. So although we have no objection to letting out more than 350 cfs, it’s not physically possible.

I will check back on how long we can expect the current flow to last....
Edited once.  Last edited by theresaAW1 Aug 15, 2018.
BT_CCJ
Posted: Jun 25, 2019
any update 2019 flowrate projections?
Forums -> Flows -> HEADS UP FORDYCE FANS Page 1 of 1