Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  SLAB CREEK TAKE-OUT AT ROCK CREEK WILL BE OPEN 

Forums -> Access Issues -> SLAB CREEK TAKE-OUT AT ROCK CREEK WILL BE OPEN Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: - Next TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
theresaAW1
Posted: Apr 26, 2018Post Subject: SLAB CREEK TAKE-OUT AT ROCK CREEK WILL BE OPEN
Good news from Darold Perry at SMUD -

Quote:
I am writing to inform you that as of this morning, SMUD has been able to make arrangements to have the Rock Creek Powerhouse location (10441 Rock Creek Rd.) open to accommodate boaters taking out during the subject releases for the next two weekends. These arrangements include approval and concurrence from the BLM, and the Rock Creek Powerhouse operator, respectively. The gate will be open from 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM each day and SMUD’s contracted security staff will be onsite during this period. This staff is primarily onsite to open the gate, protect powerhouse facilities, and notify emergency services as necessary. As such, it will be incumbent on each party entering and leaving the site to use the location responsibly, including parking, personal conduct, and cleaning up after themselves. It is my hope that this can be executed safely, successfully, and without any problems so the option remains open in the future. SMUD has also contracted to have a portable toilet delivered to the site which will remain there through the next two weekends.

American Whitewater would like to acknowledge and thank Darold and SMUD for coordinating the Rock Creek take-out allowing for the gate to be open and most importantly parking down by the river for the remaining recreational releases.
Forums -> Access Issues -> SLAB CREEK TAKE-OUT AT ROCK CREEK WILL BE OPEN Page 1 of 1