Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  The Road To Diamond Creek! On The Upper N. F. Of The Smith River 

Forums -> Archive -> The Road To Diamond Creek! On The Upper N. F. Of The Smith River Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: No. Smith - At GasquetNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
Bearfoot Brad
Posted: Dec 24, 2007Post Subject: The Road To Diamond Creek! On The Upper N. F. Of The Smith River
I Did A Kayak Shuttle Yesterday (December 23rd) To Diamond Creek On The Upper North Fork Of The Smith River!
We Were Able To Get To The Put In Without Cutting Any Trees That Were Blocking The Road Or Moving Any Big Rocks Out Of The Way!
There Were Quite A Few Small Trees And Big Rocks In The Road! But I Was Able To Either Drive Over, Under Or Around Everything Blocking My Path! This Road Is Definitely A Four Wheel Drive Road Only! And I Would Not Attempt To Get Down To Diamond Creek, Without Bringing A Chain Saw Along! There Are A Lot Of Dead Burned, Leaning Trees (Because Of The 2002 Biscuit Fire) That Will Eminently Fall And Rocks That Will Slide In The Future! So Leave Really Early In The Morning To Get There And Be Prepared To Cut Newly Downed Trees And Move Big Rocks Out Of The Way!

I Talked With The Kayakers At The End Of The Day And They Said That They had A Great Day And That There Were No Obstructions On Diamond Creek, And They Were Able To Run It Without Portaging Around Anything, Although They Did Have To Scout In A Few Places! Diamond Creek Has The Same Potential As The Road For New Wood, Blocking The Creek, As The Road Down In To The Creek Access! (Because Of The 2002 Biscuit Fire)
Bearfoot Brad (The Shuttle Provider)

Edited 7 times.  Last edited by Bearfoot Brad Dec 24, 2007.
Forums -> Archive -> The Road To Diamond Creek! On The Upper N. F. Of The Smith River Page 1 of 1