Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  2018 Recreational Releases Tiger Creek 

Forums -> Flows -> 2018 Recreational Releases Tiger Creek Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: No. Mokelumne - Below Tiger Creek DamLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
theresaAW1
Posted: Mar 27, 2018Post Subject: 2018 Recreational Releases Tiger Creek
This year on Tiger Creek past use numbers monitored by BLM have triggered an extra permanent day of recreational flow. So we gain a day from 6 to 7 days plus we still get 1 day of flow that has been moved from the Ponderosa Run to Tiger Creek due to ongoing access issues. That’s 8 total days for Tiger Creek!

NF Mokelumne Tiger Creek Cls IV
10 AM - 2 PM
700 cfs
April 7 & 8
May 18 (Friday) & 19
May 26 & 27
June 2
June 9
theresaAW1
Posted: Apr 2, 2018Post Subject: 2018 APRIL Scheduled Recreational Dates Tiger Creek CANCELLED
MOKELUMNE - GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS BUT REALLY GOOD NEWS

Just got off the phone with PG&E regarding this weekends scheduled recreational flows. Good news is this next storm event is going to bring a deluge of rain on snow which will likely bump us from a DRY into a BELOW NORMAL water year for the Mokelumne watershed. Quite literally, a scenario none expected during our Ecological Resource Committee meeting with PG&E and the USFS just last week. So that’s the GOOD NEWS…the BAD NEWS is scheduled recreational flows for APRIL on Devil’s Nose and Tiger Creek are CANCELLED. It is unlikely that PG&E will be able to control these flows and that means there will likely be no Devil’s Nose scheduled recreational flows for this year.

Now back to the GOOD NEWS - all the cancelled scheduled flow dates (4 days) in APRIL on Devil’s Nose and Tiger Creek can be rescheduled in May and June on Tiger Creek. Also, bumping into a Below Normal Year means more flow dates for Electra. The ERC, PG&E and the USFS will be discussing the new dates later this month so stay tuned. I will also try to advocate for at least another Friday flow on Tiger Creek for our friends working commercial trips on the weekends.

More when I have it!
theresaAW1
Posted: May 3, 2018Post Subject: OPPORTUNISTIC AND SCHEDULED RECREATION FLOWS ON THE MOKELUMNE
Devil’s Nose & Tiger Creek Opportunity this weekend 5/5 & 5/6

PG&E called to let me know there will be OPPORTUNISTIC recreational flows on Devils Nose and Tiger Creek this weekend. These are not scheduled flows but PG&E noticed they would be in the range for boating and were kind enough to give me a heads up.

PG&E forecasts that the flows for this weekend at Devil’s Nose will stay at approximately 1000 cfs at M11 (the gauge below Salt Springs Dam) with accretion from the side tributaries it will be approximately 1200 cfs at M38 (the gauge at the bottom of the run).

Tiger Creek is currently running at 1600 cfs and will likely be between 1300 - 1500 cfs thru the weekend.

Tentative SCHEDULED recreational flows for May & June on Tiger Creek and Electra:

10 AM - 2 PM
700 cfs
May 18 (Friday) & 19
May 26, 27 & 28
June 1 (Friday) & 2
June 9

NF Mokelumne Electra Cls II-III
10 AM - 4 PM
700 cfs
May 12 & 13
May 19 & 20
May 26 & 27
June 3
June 9 & 10
June 16

Tentative SCHEDULED recreational flows for July on Electra:

NF Mokelumne Electra Cls II-III
10 AM - 4 PM
700 cfs
July 1
July 4
July 7 & 8
July 14
July 21
flipphone
Posted: May 4, 2018Post Subject: Road and other things
Thank you for getting that post out. I had already planned to go out there but it was nice to know the flow was going to hold. A true Gem of a section. Some great tree viewing.

I talked to a guy on my way out today. He told me the Tiger Creek road would open about the 15th of May. That does not help this weekend but is good to know. Right now the road right at take-out is closed. Ellis Rd is open.

I would not call the trees a hazard now but there are a couple in the river. One is right where Panther Creek comes in. Easy to see and avoid. If it is gone, worth noting it could be in a rapid. One other spot there was a tree just under the surface in a swift area. As the water drops it could be come a hazard. Likely easy to see before getting to it.
theresaAW1
Posted: May 24, 2018Post Subject: Final Dates for June
American Whitewater confirmed the following Tiger Creek Dates for June recreational flows (Note we gained one more day on June 10)

10 AM - 2 PM
700 cfs
June 1 (Friday) & 2
June 9 & 10

Forums -> Flows -> 2018 Recreational Releases Tiger Creek Page 1 of 1