Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Truckee river Verdi to downtown Reno 

Forums -> General -> Truckee river Verdi to downtown Reno Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Truckee - At RenoLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
Gman
Posted: Jun 18, 2017Post Subject: Truckee river Verdi to downtown Reno
Hi all,

Has anyone been down this section of the Truckee river yet? We want to go in our 2 man kayak. We've don this route for years, but this is a record year. We went in 2011, which was the last time the water was high and everything worked out fine. However, we are hearing the it may not be safe now.
Edited once.  Last edited by Gman Jun 19, 2017.
Kuauscott
Posted: Jun 19, 2017Post Subject: Truckee
Not sure of the section between Verdi and Mayberry but the commercial rafting companies have been running it. You might want to portage the dam 2 miles downstream of Mayberry there has been some incidents with rafts getting caught in the large hole at the base of the dam.
Waterboy
Posted: Jun 22, 2017
We did it yesturday on IK's at 3200 Cfs, excellent run at these flows! Fun class II+ with the exception of the "gorilla falls" diversion dam which looked sketchy but my friend ran it no problem. Portage left in hard to see clearing and walk through back part of trailer park.
Edited once.  Last edited by Waterboy Jun 22, 2017.
flaavadave
Posted: Jun 25, 2017Post Subject: did verdi to fishermans in raft
Did Verdi (Crystal Peak Park) through downtown Reno, take out at Fishermans Park on June 18, approx 3000 CFS. 4 persons in 10ft paddle raft. ran Gorrilla falls, no problems. Portaged left chalk bluff.
Forums -> General -> Truckee river Verdi to downtown Reno Page 1 of 1