Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Need to rent a river kayak for a weekend 

Forums -> General -> Need to rent a river kayak for a weekend Page 1 of 1
 Author  Message 
MikeV
Posted: May 23, 2014Post Subject: Need to rent a river kayak for a weekend
My friend needs a large kayak (he's 6'3" and about 215 lbs) for a run of the Carson in 2 weeks. Having trouble finding a place that will rent him a boat (most rentals are just sit-on-top nonsense for city parks and such). Need a proper hard-shell river boat that'll take a spray skirt. Looking for somewhere to rent between San Jose and Markleeville...or a private boat around Markleeville or en route, if someone wants to earn a bit of money. Any ideas?
mrb2203
Posted: May 27, 2014
I've rented a white water kayak from the River Store in Lotus, CA, in the past and it worked well. You might check it out: http://theriverstore.com/
MikeV
Posted: May 27, 2014Post Subject: Re:
mrb2203 wrote:
River Store in Lotus

I'll check them; thanks for the suggestion.
Posted: Dec 14, 2014Post Subject: nice
Hi, would you like an opportunity to connect with and find other
Posted: Dec 15, 2014Post Subject: > opportunity to connect with and find other
Find other what? Rivers? Boats? Flow report sites? Paddlers? Hobbies?
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Dec 16, 2014
Seems to me this is one of those nonsense posts that some folks make when they open a new account, to make it look like they're active on the bulletin board (so their account doesn't get deleted). Such a waste of everyone's time, and silly, since they're so easily recognizable; posts by genuine river users are in context and read differently.

Normally I delete both the pointless post and the associated user account. In this case I'm leaving the post for context, but deleting the account, so it'll say the post was made by 'Guest'.
MikeV
Posted: Dec 17, 2014Post Subject: > opportunity to connect with and find other
Well, maybe by "find other" he meant that he wanted to find other bulletin boards to post half-sentences on.

Incidentally for the boat I was looking to rent for a buddy last June, we ended up renting one in Livermore and driving it out to the Carson. It worked out, as the boat could be returned more easily the next day.

That Carson trip was extraordinary by the way. Bony, but we made it.

Forums -> General -> Need to rent a river kayak for a weekend Page 1 of 1