Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Brush Creek Sediment 

Forums -> Hazards -> Brush Creek Sediment Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Brush Creek - At Take-Out BridgeLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
guido
Posted: Mar 1, 2014Post Subject: Brush Creek Sediment
After finally getting enough water to run Brush Creek this winter; we were dismayed to discover that it is full of sediment. During the summer of 2013 there was a flash flood event that resulted in a lot of debris and sediment flows through this drainage. As of March 1, all of the pools in Brush Creek are full of sand and gravel. It will take quite a bit of water to scour them out. A similar thing happened during the Winter of 2002-2003 after the McNally fire but high flows during 2003-2004 were able to clear it out again.

I would not consider this hazardous necessarily (except for maybe the landing on the first waterfall), but it severely diminishes the fun factor.
guido
Posted: Dec 12, 2014Post Subject: Gauge
Due to the new sediment, the bridge gauge does not correlate with normal flows. What registered as 2 recently looked more like a 0 to me, maybe 0.5
dansadowski
Posted: Dec 16, 2014
Do you think that with the recent storms, Brush is going to clean up and be runnable this winter?
Forums -> Hazards -> Brush Creek Sediment Page 1 of 1