Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  canyon creek 

Forums -> Archive -> canyon creek Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Canyon Creek - Below French LakeLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
Golder
Posted: Jul 25, 2007Post Subject: canyon creek
My non boating buddies were up there 3 weeks ago and again just yesterday. They said the res. was at the very least 15 feet lower than the last time they were up there 3 weeks ago.... seems we may have missed a release... Anybody got any more info?
Site Admin
Posted: Jul 26, 2007
Hmm, hope we haven't missed a release. I haven't managed to get scheduled-release information yet. All I know so far is that the current flow is 4 cfs.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Jul 27, 2007Post Subject: Canyon Creek is currently releasing
Turns out the 4 cfs flow is for Canyon Creek below Bowman . So scrap that. My contact says the release from French Lake (i.e. the flow on Upper Canyon Creek) is currently about 75 cfs ... they just open the valve and the flow drops slowly as the lake empties, hence the uncertainty. He believes the release will continue through the end of August. However, he's standing in for the regular guy, who'll be back Monday, so I'll update this thread with what he says then.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Jul 30, 2007
Spoke with the regular guy, got the real scoop. Current flow is indeed about 75 cfs. However, they're planning on dropping the flow back to fish flow (which is 3cfs) this weekend, but they don't know which day yet; it depends on when French Lake gets to the target elevation. I'll check back later in the week and post again when I know more.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Aug 2, 2007
Unless some emergency comes up, they plan to keep the 75 cfs release going through this weekend, and drop to fish flow early Monday.
Forums -> Archive -> canyon creek Page 1 of 1