Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Fordyce Creek Flows 

Forums -> Archive -> Fordyce Creek Flows Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Fordyce Creek - Below Fordyce DamLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: May 29, 2007Post Subject: Fordyce Creek Flows
Here's an outline of what to expect this year. PG&E indicates that Fordyce Lake is still filling from snowmelt, though it is close to full. Current flow is about 60 cfs. They expect to increase this to 100 cfs at the end of this week, and keep it there for two or three weeks. They then plan to raise the flow to 150 cfs, which is the typical summer draft.

There are no specific plans to release more boatable flows (say 250 cfs or more) this year. However, they will shut the river down for several days in August for the Sierra Trek, and there is the possibility of higher flows (say 250 cfs) after that. No promises. I'll post more when I learn more.
Golder
Posted: Jul 25, 2007Post Subject: Bummer
bummer
Posted: Aug 2, 2007
I've just heard from PG&E that the jeep jamboree has been canceled, so chances are high that the flows haven't dropped to 25 cfs after all. If so, this may affect the planned recreation release of 250 cfs. That's all I know at this point, but will post again when I know more.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Aug 2, 2007
Got the word: the jamboree flows have been canceled along with the jamboree, so flows are still at summer levels (currently 140 cfs, down from 150 cfs due to the dropping reservoir level). My contact says they are awaiting the August forecast but at present they have no plans right now of changing the draft. So - no 250 cfs release is planned at this point. Naturally, that could all change when the August forecast comes out, in which case I'll post again.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Sep 25, 2007Post Subject: Projected flow for the rest of the year
Current flow on Fordyce Creek is 86 cfs.  Fordyce Lake has close to 21000 AF left, and PG&E says they expect to leave the flow at about 85 cfs for the remainder of the year.
Forums -> Archive -> Fordyce Creek Flows Page 1 of 1