Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  New Log in Slate Creek 

Forums -> Hazards -> New Log in Slate Creek Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Sacramento - At DeltaLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
joeriess
Posted: Apr 21, 2012Post Subject: New Log in Slate Creek
There's a new log in Slate Creek, about 1/4 mile or so below the powerhouse input, after the "left hand turn rapids". The old tree on the right (that you used to sneak under the branches and punch a hole) is still there, but sticking into the river right side of the hole so you can go river center to avoid it. The new log is immediately after this log and it's a big one and will not likely leave anytime soon. Portage right. We ran it today at about 7" and there wasn't a safe line over any part of it.
redonkulous2u
Posted: Dec 12, 2012Post Subject: New Log update
The old tree mentioned in the post below that you could duck under was gone Friday 30th prior to major storm on the following Saturday night. The new wood mentioned that is just downstream was invisible at 1.4 on the gauge. If you know where old tree was be very careful and stay to the right bank after this right hand turn in the river. There is a high probability that there is no wood in the creek following December 1rst 2012.
redonkulous2u
Posted: Dec 13, 2012Post Subject: New Log update correction
Sorry, I meant to say that there is a high probability of new wood in Slate Creek following December 1rst, 2012 high water event.
Forums -> Hazards -> New Log in Slate Creek Page 1 of 1