Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Tuolumne - Lower and Cherry Creek flows 2012 

Forums -> Archive -> Tuolumne - Lower and Cherry Creek flows 2012 Page 2 of 2
Goto Prev  1  2
Posted to area: CA - Tuolumne - Lower and Cherry CreekLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Aug 3, 2012
Hetch Hetchy Water and Power reports as follows:

"Hi Folks:

It looks like we will not have the unit back next week.  At this point plan to have the ~700 cfs for the 6hrs all next week through Friday.  We are working hard to resolve the problem.

I will send an update on Wednesday next week or if there are any changes.

Adam"
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Aug 7, 2012

"Hi Folks:

Here is the latest update: We will not have the unit back into service until at least August 24th.  We are holding that day as a target, but it may change.  Meanwhile we will continue the current schedule of ~700 cfs for 6hrs.

If things change I will update the email list.  Let me know if there are any questions.  Adam"
RyanClark
Posted: Aug 7, 2012
Bummer, I was planning to go this weekend!

Thanks to both Chris and Adam for keeping us informed.

Chris, would you mind updating the flow scheduled to reflect the longer-duration lower flow? thanks!

Ryan
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Aug 8, 2012

"Hello River Folks:

The timing of the boating releases are going to be shifted 1-hour earlier starting Sunday August 12.  So releases will be arriving at Lumsden starting ~8am.  Please take this change into account when planning departure times.  The release will remain at the same rate, ~700 cfs at Lumsden

Adam"
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Aug 16, 2012

"Hello River Folks:

We will not have the 2nd unit back in service for the remainder of the boating season.  We will continue to provide the 6hrs of higher flows (which results in ~700 cfs at Lumsden -between ~8 am-2pm).  We will not be able to extend the boating season due to this issue and we will need to maintain August 29th as a non-boating day for other maintenance work.

Enjoy the last couple weeks of the season!  Adam"
nborelli
Posted: Sep 5, 2012Post Subject: Post Sept 4 Tuolumne Releases?
Are there any left in the tank this month? Specifically targeting the 9/22 weekend, need IK flows please.

Any info would really help us out as we were trying to plan a trip with paddlers from 3 states!

THANKS
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Sep 6, 2012
The schedule (and hence planned releases) ended Labor Day. As the last post from Hetch Hetchy indicates, they are not extending the boating season. So the short answer to your question is "no" .

Put a little differently: of course there could be unscheduled releases anytime, but there are no more scheduled releases for the rest of the year.
Forums -> Archive -> Tuolumne - Lower and Cherry Creek flows 2012 Page 2 of 2
Goto Prev  1  2