Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Box Canyon on Thursday 5/25 

Forums -> Archive -> Box Canyon on Thursday 5/25 Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Sacramento - Below Box Canyon DamLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
paddlernate
Posted: May 25, 2011Post Subject: Box Canyon on Thursday 5/25
A buddy and I are headed in that direction from Portland tomorrow morning. We'd like to paddle Box Canyon in the late afternoon, anytime after 4:00. It'd be great to go with someone who knows it and/or can help with shuttle. Does anyone have comments on the flow?

Let me know if you'd like to go; I'll only be reachable on my phone.
Nate
503-752-1918
shastagirl
Posted: May 26, 2011Post Subject: facebook/daily gauge updates
New page on facebook updates levels daily= box canyon hydro
nick sinderson
Posted: May 30, 2011Post Subject: Box Canyon Hydro
Shasta girl & Box canyon Hydro,

Thanks!, That's what this run needed. Now we just need to get some stick gauge correlations to the cfs number that 'Box Canyon Hydro' puts out (should't be too hard)and the much of the mystery of what the flow in the Box is will be a thing of the past.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: May 30, 2011
Way to go, Shastagirl!

As Nick hints, this is our chance to build up a rating table for the Cantara gauge. I can easily create the rating table if I have a reasonable range of raw data. So everyone - whenever you're passing the gauge feel free to record gauge height, date and time and pass it on to me.
Edited twice.  Last edited by chris May 31, 2011.
stacia
Posted: May 31, 2011Post Subject: Min out flow
Hi Chris and others. My brother in-law, Todd, works on the power end of the damn and has been updating me with cfs and is the one responsible for the new facebook Box Canyon Hydro. I only know it by the foot gauge but have been trying to get more into the cfs from him. Today was about 4.5-4.6 (by 10 units/foot.) I think the max output of the damn without spilling is about 750 cfs which is about 4.5. It rained hard today so it might rise tomorrow. Usually has a cfs delay from weather of 12 hours, however I think it snowed in the hills so basically it's a crap shoot (it's kinda one of the charms of the run, you just never know.) Maybe we could get you in touch with Todd and get you hooked up to their computer system some how, or perhaps you have already tried this?
Stacia
stacia
Posted: May 31, 2011
Spoke too soon! I just read on FB that the new owners of the damn nixed all old employees. Now it's really a crap shoot as far as flows and what they will release! Didn't change that it was 4.5-4.6...
Edited once.  Last edited by stacia May 31, 2011.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Jun 1, 2011
Stunment. Please thank Todd for posting though, also hope their leaving didn't have anything to do with posting flow info for us. What's the scoop do you know?
Forums -> Archive -> Box Canyon on Thursday 5/25 Page 1 of 1