Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Access to Chemberlain Falls and Shirttail takeout is blocked 

Forums -> Archive -> Access to Chemberlain Falls and Shirttail takeout is blocked Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: No. American - Inflow Lake ClementineLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
Rok
Posted: Mar 8, 2011Post Subject: Access to Chemberlain Falls and Shirttail takeout is blocked
The North Fork American River (Chamberlain Falls) and the Shirttail Creek takeout access is blocked on Yankee Jims Road due to a landslide and the related road repairs. It's projected to re-open tomorrow, Wednesday 3/9/2011; however, this road closure may extend into Thursday. Access is still possible from the Foresthill side.
Edited once.  Last edited by Rok Mar 8, 2011.
Rok
Posted: Mar 10, 2011Post Subject: Road reopened at 2:30 pm
Yankee Jims Rd reopened on 3/9/2011 at 2:30 pm. Vehicles need extra clearance to pass the landslide area.
four0four
Posted: Mar 16, 2011Post Subject: Re: Road reopened at 2:30 pm
I was there this weekend - and the road was great! There were a lot of 2WD cars going to and from take out with out any problems.

Rok wrote:
Yankee Jims Rd reopened on 3/9/2011 at 2:30 pm. Vehicles need extra clearance to pass the landslide area.
Forums -> Archive -> Access to Chemberlain Falls and Shirttail takeout is blocked Page 1 of 1