Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  SF Feather - Releases below Little Grass Valley Dam 

Forums -> Archive -> SF Feather - Releases below Little Grass Valley Dam Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: So. Feather - Below Little Grass ValleyLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Jun 5, 2010Post Subject: SF Feather - Releases below Little Grass Valley Dam
The South Feather Water and Power Agency reports as follows: "Flows in the SF Feather River below Little Grass Valley were ramped up today [Friday] to 200 cfs (at the low end of the boatable range).  We will ramp up to 400 cfs next week in order to stay ahead of the runoff into the reservoir."
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Jun 10, 2010
The South Feather Water and Power Agency reports as follows: "The flows in the SF Feather River below Little Grass Valley are 440 cfs and the road is drivable to the dam, although the Forest Service has not yet opened the campgrounds.  The road to South Fork Diversion (take out) is also open.  Access to the take out should be through Golden Trout from Lumpkin Road as there is construction underway on Sly Creek Dam and that road is closed to through traffic.

We will begin to drop the flows below LGV next week as the peak inflows taper off."
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Jun 14, 2010
The South Feather Water and Power Agency reports as follows: "The high flows lasted only as long as the heat-induced runoff. We are going back to 200 cfs tomorrow."
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Jul 2, 2010
The South Feather Water and Power Agency reports as follows: "The flows in the SF Feather River below Little Grass Valley are now down to 50 cfs."
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Jul 6, 2010
The South Feather Water and Power Agency reports as follows: "We are dropping the flows below Little Grass Valley to 10-15 cfs today, which will make for great fishing conditions in the river. I'll let you know later this summer what the fall releases will be, and when they will start."
Thomas M
Posted: Aug 16, 2010Post Subject: S. Feather Flows Fall 2010
Hey Chris,

It's alomost Septemeber and that means the SFF might have water in a few weeks. Have you heard what the prediction is for fall releases? Thanks for all your hard work!
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Aug 16, 2010
Thomas, I didn't post when the schedule became available? How very remiss of me ... anyway the schedule is here.
Thomas M
Posted: Aug 17, 2010
Chris,
The flow schedule looks awesome! We haven't had 400 in the fall for years. Last years schedule was much longer and started earlier but the more water is going to be sweet. There are quite a few weeks of 200 cfs. Is there anyway to convince the lil grass valley folks to release 300 for a shorter period rather than so many days of 200?
Edited once.  Last edited by Thomas M Aug 17, 2010.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Oct 6, 2010
The South Feather Water and Power Agency reports as follows: "Just a quick heads up to let you know that we will not drop the SF Feather River flows to 350 cfs next Monday as planned, but will continue at 400 cfs for a week or more longer.  When I get the revised storage targets from PG&E I will let you know the revised flow schedule".
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Oct 7, 2010
The South Feather Water and Power Agency reports as follows: "The revised schedule will keep the SF Feather River release at 400 cfs through 10/18, then ramp to 350 cfs through 10/25, and then ramp down to 200 cfs."

I've updated the release schedule to match.
Forums -> Archive -> SF Feather - Releases below Little Grass Valley Dam Page 1 of 1