Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Chamberlain Run Rope Strainer Hazard at Tongue and Groove rapid 

Forums -> Hazards -> Chamberlain Run Rope Strainer Hazard at Tongue and Groove rapid Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: No. American - Inflow Lake ClementineNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
DownriverMel
Posted: May 19, 2008Post Subject: Chamberlain Run Rope Strainer Hazard at Tongue and Groove rapid
Yesterday (5-18-08)there was a rope extending from the rocks in the center of the rapid downstream and towards river left. The rope is tight, secured at both ends, and just downstream of the foampile just below the drop. The rope is sloping downstream and goes underwater. There is the potential for the current to drag a tangled boater underwater.
The danger here is that many experienced boaters run this rapid very close to, or directly where the strainer sits. A 20+ year veteran of this run got caught up in this rope yesterday.
I did see several very capable people trying to figure out how to remove the rope. It was in a very difficult to access spot so I'm not sure if they were successful.
Forums -> Hazards -> Chamberlain Run Rope Strainer Hazard at Tongue and Groove rapid Page 1 of 1