Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  South Feather 2018 

Forums -> Flows -> South Feather 2018 Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: So. Feather - Below Little Grass ValleyLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
Charger511
Posted: Aug 24, 2018Post Subject: South Feather 2018
Howdy,

It's that time of the year when South Feather fans begin to wonder when the juice will turn on. Does anybody have a lead on the release schedule for 2018?

Cheers-- Will Pruett
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Aug 28, 2018Post Subject: South Fork Feather boatable scheduled releases
South Feather Water and Power have now started the planning process for boatable scheduled releases below Little Grass Valley Dam.

They say they have water for at least 4 weeks of 400cfs, though it will likely go longer (they guess 6 weeks or even more; there's a lot of water up there). They must start the releases by mid-September, though.

However, they could start the releases earlier than mid-September if needed. Thoughts? Here's your chance to give input.
Charger511
Posted: Aug 29, 2018Post Subject: Yes!!!
Hey Chris, thanks for helping find out what's happening with South Feather flows. I think early September through early October would be awesome. The weather is usually warmer and not much else is running. The tradition release of late September through late October loses a lot of potential users due to colder or rough weather. I would be incredibly stoked if they started the release earlier than usual! Cheers- Will P
Thomas M
Posted: Aug 29, 2018
Hey Chris,
Thanks for the update. I say start releasing water in early or mid September and then let it flow!
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Sep 3, 2018
Thanks to both of you for your feedback.  South Feather Water and Power have settled on the following release schedule:
    Ramping up to 400 cfs starting Sept 10, and ending around noon Sept 12.  Continue releasing 400 cfs through Sept 30.  This is reflected in the schedule.

They expect to continue releasing into October, but want to hold off on giving details until they have an end date.  So check back from time to time to see what the final schedule looks like.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Sep 28, 2018
South Feather Water and Power doesn't have a definite end date for the current releases yet, but today was able to state that:
Quote:
The flows will continue through at least Oct 13th.

This update is reflected in the schedule.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Oct 1, 2018
South Feather Water and Power has extended the current releases to (at least) the 15th:
Quote:
Right now we will keep the flows at 400cfs through Oct  15th instead of the 13th; that way you’ll have the whole weekend.  Beyond that the flow will most likely be backed down.

This update is reflected in the schedule.
Forums -> Flows -> South Feather 2018 Page 1 of 1