Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Our Cup Runneth Over - 2017 Canyon Creek Rec Releases 

Forums -> Flows -> Our Cup Runneth Over - 2017 Canyon Creek Rec Releases Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Canyon Creek - Below French LakeLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
theresaAW1
Posted: Sep 8, 2017Post Subject: Our Cup Runneth Over - 2017 Canyon Creek Rec Releases
Once again, in an effort to fine tune their operations to provide future recreational flows required by a new license negoatiated with American Whitewater, agencies and other stakeholders, NID will release Canyon Creek recreational flows in September as follows:

“On September 13, 2017, Nevada Irrigation District (NID) is planning to begin drafting water out of French Lake into Canyon Creek. In our continued effort to develop and refine a method to implement future FERC license requirements associated with whitewater boating flows, NID will be using this draft event to practice targeting a recreation streamflow of 140 CFS in Canyon Creek below French Lake Dam. NID intends to begin the draft on September 13th, with the target recreation streamflow of 140 CFS anticipated September 14 - October 4, 2017.”

Last year NID gave us the following estimates of timing of flow:

 Approximately 30 minutes to reach Weil
 Approximately 3 hours to reach Faucherie
 Approximately 24 hours to reach Sawmill

I am confirming this timing as I write this and will post if anything changes.

chris
Site Admin
Posted: Sep 8, 2017
Thanks, Theresa.

The release schedule in calendar form is available here.
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Sep 14, 2017
NID reports this morning:

"We did increase the flow out of French yesterday, though it looks like we only flushed the valve. We are releasing +/-120 cfs this morning and going up to 130 cfs this afternoon."
Forums -> Flows -> Our Cup Runneth Over - 2017 Canyon Creek Rec Releases Page 1 of 1