Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Wood Update As of 5/24/17 

Forums -> Hazards -> Wood Update As of 5/24/17 Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: So. Silver Creek - Below Ice House ReservoirNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
wasiel
Posted: May 25, 2017Post Subject: Wood Update As of 5/24/17
I IK'd the South Silver below Ice House Reservoir today, 5/24/17. The flow was 250 cfs. We put in just below the dam. In the one mile section between the dam and the bridge there were three hazards. Slide Hazard rapid has a horrible looking log at the bottom of the center drop. I realize everyone runs this rapid along the right wall but if you somehow ended up in the middle chute it could be fatal. I am not sure whether the log was present in prior years since it was my first time on this section. About a 100 yards above the bridge there are two separate portages because of trees across the river. One of the trees is visible from the bridge. 0.4 miles after the bridge there is a tree across the river that can be floated over on river right.
0.1 miles below that there is another tree across the river that required a portage. Both of these trees are in calm sections of the river. That was the last log problem we saw. The high flows have really cleaned up the river versus last year! There are far fewer places where there are logs that partially block the channel.