Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  CRASHED VEHICLES: AFFORDABLE SHUTTLES on the Rogue River 

Forums -> General -> CRASHED VEHICLES: AFFORDABLE SHUTTLES on the Rogue River Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Rogue - At Grants PassLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
ptfwillits
Posted: Aug 10, 2016Post Subject: CRASHED VEHICLES: AFFORDABLE SHUTTLES on the Rogue River
CRASHED VEHICLES: AFFORDABLE SHUTTLES on the Rogue River CRASHED two of our vehicles, one into the other, rear-ended their own caravan. They took no responsibility for the accident and from the liability waver that we all signed, that is their right. The end result was that the person who owned the vehicle that rear-end the other vehicle was out a $1000 deductible, increased insurance rates, and the hassle of getting her vehicle repaired. The second vehicle was covered by the first vehicle's insurance though the owner had the hassle of getting the vehicle repaired too. We were further taken aback that they insisted on keeping the shuttle fees as "the vehicles were shuttled per contract". They eventually returned ONE shuttle fee though they wrecked two vehicles. AFFORDABLE SHUTTLES is now operated by new owners, Sam & Diane Kinser, and its our impression that they are too hands off and don't take enough responsibility for managing their shuttles.

So beware!

The question from my point of view is how to deal with such issues. Our group is splitting the $1,000 deductible and we already have a common river gear fund to replace lost and broken equipment so on future river trips we will add to this to cover such problems.

If have comments or other solutions to the problem of shuttling please contact me at ptfrec@gmail.com
ptfwillits
Posted: Aug 10, 2016Post Subject: CRASHED VEHICLES, AFFORDABLE SHUTTLES
See posting under Grants Pass Flow
Forums -> General -> CRASHED VEHICLES: AFFORDABLE SHUTTLES on the Rogue River Page 1 of 1