Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  Adventure Auburn Event Day 

Forums -> Archive -> Adventure Auburn Event Day Page 1 of 1
Posted to area: CA - Popular AmericansLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Aug 27, 2013Post Subject: Adventure Auburn Event Day
Bill Deitchman of CA State Parks writes as follows:

"Greetings American River Boaters,

Please be advised that on Saturday, September 7th, there will be a special event occurring in Auburn SRA called ADVENTURE AUBURN EVENT DAY. Various activities will be occurring including an early release from Oxbow Powerhouse that will have 1000 cfs flows reaching the Confluence / Hwy 49 Bridge from 1:00 p.m. through at least 5:00 p.m.  (The normal release schedule of 1000 cfs from Oxbow will continue as well from 9:00 a.m. through 12:00 noon at Oxbow).  I just wanted to let you know that should you be interested in boating the stretch from the Confluence to the China Bar area below Auburn or to Folsom Reservoir at Rattlesnake Bar, this would be an excellent time and opportunity to do so.  (For those commercial  outfitters wishing to do this run commercially on that date, only those outfitters who have previously obtained the Confluence to China Bar permit are allowed to do so.  Should any outfitters wish to run private trips, that is allowed as long as unmarked or flagged boats are used).  If you should plan on taking out at Rattlesnake Bar Day Use area at Folsom Lake, you will need to check with Folsom Lake SRA as regards to Day Use hours and fees at Rattlesnake Day Use Area.  Their number is 916-988-0205.

If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact me."

[Bill's number is 530-823-4164].
rumsey
Posted: Sep 7, 2013Post Subject: Thanks Bill
    Ross and I had a great time on this run,been thinking about it for a while ,but the conditiond weren't quite right. we will be back for more
Forums -> Archive -> Adventure Auburn Event Day Page 1 of 1