Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  log in "lambada" in critical spot on willow creek 

Forums -> Archive -> log in "lambada" in critical spot on willow creek Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: Trinity - At HoopaLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
madmiguel
Posted: Mar 28, 2012Post Subject: log in "lambada" in critical spot on willow creek
I figured I'd post this here since willow creek has no gauge. There is a very unfortunately placed log in the right turn of "lambada" on the carhood section of willow creek. It goes across the channel that leads to the eddy right before the crux and runout of the rapid. At medium flows,(500 and dropping redwood creek @ 299) we elected to run the center boof which had barley enough water. It is tricky to get there but if you catch a micro-eddy on river right after the lead in its easier to ferry over. At lower flows I'd probably portage. It may get washed out soon too. It is important to note that it can't be seen from above at all even if you scout until you get below the turn.
madmiguel
Posted: Apr 10, 2012Post Subject: nevermind logs gone
have fun.
Forums -> Archive -> log in "lambada" in critical spot on willow creek Page 1 of 1