Dreamflows Bulletin Board

"I can't boat everyday, but I can always Dream"

Home River Flows Bulletin Board Custom Email Reports Alerts Signup Login Help About

Topic:  gauge reading 

Forums -> Archive -> gauge reading Page 1 of 1
Posted to flow site: So. Yuba - Near CiscoLatest PostNext TopicPrev Topic
 Author  Message 
Ian Buckley
Posted: Apr 2, 2007Post Subject: gauge reading
1.5" @ 1PM 4/1/07
Too low....
Golder
Posted: Apr 9, 2007Post Subject: Kingvale 4/8/07
The reading was 7.5 inches at 2:30 pm, which goes but is as low as I may have ever run it, pretty boney. Buy the time we finished the run and had 3 beers (guessing 5pm )it was 12.5 inches!

Sunday 4/8/07
Site Admin
Posted: Apr 10, 2007
The gauge seems to have changed, though eyeballing it doesn't seem to explain why. In any case, previously Justin's online guide gave the minimum flow as 3 inches, but in light of the gauge change he's changed the minimum to 9 inches. We still enjoyed the run at 9" but thought that was the far low end.
Golder
Posted: May 13, 2007
20 inches at 6:30 last night

8)
Posted: May 18, 2007Post Subject: Thursday, kingvale dropping out fast.
3" at 3 pm thursday, may 17th. Although this is "officially" too low, it's still a fun run at those lower levels...although my boat weighs an ounce or so less from plastic loss.....

Anybody got a boat I can borrow to run this thing next week?
chris
Site Admin
Posted: Apr 20, 2008
All the above posts were originally for So. Yuba - At Kingvale Bridge, but the stick gauge has been superseded by the PG&E realtime So. Yuba - Near Cisco gauge.  I've re-assigned these old posts to So. Yuba - Near Cisco so they're still visible from the flow reports.
Forums -> Archive -> gauge reading Page 1 of 1