Topic: 4th National Whitewater Kayaking Symposium- Oct. 13-16, 2006
|Posted: Sep 22, 2006Post Subject: 4th National Whitewater Kayaking Symposium- Oct. 13-16, 2006
|We hope you will attend the upcoming 4th Annual National Whitewater Kayaking Symposium, to be held on the South Fork American River in Coloma-Lotus, California, on October 13-16, 2006. This will be a great event that will bring together people in all aspects of the industry, to help us all strengthen and grow our sport!|
The Symposium is a fantastic opportunity to interact with pros and leaders in the whitewater kayaking world. Don’t miss this chance to attend incredible skills clinics and presentations, and to help shape the future of your sport!
There is no better opportunity to share your successes, and learn from the best. Bring your friends and meet new ones from other parts of the country!!
Just a few of the confirmed speakers and topics!
• Phil and Mary DeRiemer, Eric Jackson , Sam Drevo: Methods for Instructors: “Teaching to the Individual,” “Roll Progressions for Instructors,” “Instructor Swiftwater Needs,” “Precision Paddling,” “Risk Management for Instructors, Clubs and Outfitters” -- and other great topics! Call or watch the website for additional topics and presenters.
• ACA Executive Director Pam Dillon –offering ACA Updates for Instructors and ITs
• Risa Shimoda on Whitewater Parks and “Taking the Perceived ‘Intimidation Factor’ out of Whitewater Kayaking”
• John Holland and Jamie McEwan-- Paddling Patriarchs and members of the 72 Olympic Slalom Team - “A Retrospective”
• Bob Campbell and Joe Jacobi: Olympic veterans and Gold Medal Camp instructors
• Plus MANY more speakers and instructional clinics!!
Other Symposium elements: Great food, uncrowded fall boating on the renowned South Fork American River, and of course networking with your peers and industry leaders from around the country!!
Questions/Sponsors CONTACT : Dan Crandall - Dan@Kayaking.com - (530) 333-9115 - http://www.WWSymposium.com